Yes, I am really going today! This week will be the first ever QuiltCon presented by the Modern Quilt Guild. Modern quilters will converge upon Austin for lectures, workshops, information, fun, and friendship. The talent at this event is overwhelming.
I am looking forward to reuniting with friends, attending some amazing lectures, a workshop, and learning tons!
Let me tell you who I can’t wait to see and hear:
Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle (Modern Quilt Workshop and Craft Nectar), Yoshiko Jinzenji (uber inspiring), Denyse Schmidt, Amy Butler, Rachel Hobson (I’m taking her Redwork workshop), Heather Ross, and so many more!!!
The Modern Quilt Guild thought it might be a good idea to get to know each other a little before hand. They are having a link party. They want to know 5 things about everyone. So, here goes…
1. I have my degree in Biology, but was a fashion designer in NYC for many years. (No, it wasn’t the most direct path.)
2. I am a proud adoptive mom of 2 almighty kids who systematically blast my To Do List to bits each and every day.
3. Two of my biggest dream have already come true: traveling to Paris as a fashion designer and becoming a Mom. So anything else is pure delicious icing.
4. I traded my NYC fashion life for a life in Michigan (the land of my birth) with my two kids. I live in my very first house. What? no super to come fix things? I have to shovel snow? Buy a lawn mower? I love it! I can just walk out my back door and cut flowers for my mantel! And nobody pounds on the ceiling if we are too noisy.
5. I like strong coffee, shopping, country music, Pinterest, running, make up, quilts, Bertoia side chairs, Dries Van Noten, and making stuff.
See you in Austin!!!